Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Napa Style Wine Bottle Story...

This is my second post for today - I had a little extra time I hadn't planned on and wanted to follow up on a question I got from a few of you. THANK YOU, by the way, to all of you that comment on my blog!  I love hearing from readers and getting opinions, ideas, questions - all of it!   So...please keep it coming!  Anyway, on to the question:


A few of you had questions about how the bottles above I posted about here were possible.  At first I had the same question and even thought to myself: 

"What a great DIY!"  "I have beautiful wine bottles sitting around here in the recyling!"

I don't think it's *quite* that easy, unfortunately.  After reading the description below from the Napa Style webiste, I pictured lots of cuts on my hands and even more broken glass...not exactly the DIY I had envisioned! 

"A celebration of the “Big Bottle” party I created years ago for the Wine Auction Napa Valley, our limited-edition Wine Bottle Hurricanes repurpose the outsized bottles used exclusively by winemakers for special bottlings. We’ve hand cut each and carefully polished the edges to create dramatic and evocative hurricanes that glow with flickering candlelight. At home on the dining table, indoors or out."

Hmmm...maybe not. As my Dad likes to say: 
I think this is one project best left to the professionals.

They also have these in clear which I thought were pretty, too:

 
If you dare try your hand at it, I'd love to hear how it goes!
You can read more about them here.

3 comments:

Stacy CUrran said...

These are AMAZING!!! I can't image how they are made, but I don't think I would ever try it. They sure are gorgeous though. And what a conversation starter!
Stacy

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

These are so beautiful! They really have my mind working - like how do you light the candles? Will definitely do some more reading up about them!

Anonymous said...

beautiful candle accents...and actually bottle cutting is easy..you need a simple tool that you fit the bottle into (the tool looks like a small lathe and it rotates the bottle as it cuts it)..and then sanding the edges is simple too..
a quick google search me help in locating a bottle cutter...
my mom used to have one and she made a few items from the bottles she cut..it's fun and yes, you do need to exercise safety measures..
best,
maureen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...