Thursday, June 2, 2011

Masculine Rooms

It is Father's Day today here in Germany.

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Dad! 

We'll celebrate when I see you here in Munich next month.  :)

In light of that, I was inspired to include a few rooms that have a tailored, masculine feel to them.  I am not usually the fussy type when it comes to decorating, so these rooms really appeal to me.  See what you think...

{Nina Freudenberger}
 I love that pillow and the thunder egg bookends.  I actually have those - hadn't thought of using them without books but here they look great!  I think I'll have to try it out.

{via Eclectic Revisited}
 I recently bought a horn like that but I'm still trying to find the perfect way to weave it into a tablescape.  Somehow, in this room it looks just right...all by itself.

{Ron Marvin}
I loved Ron Marvin's work when I saw it recently.  I thought this room was especially appealing with all of the masculine fabrics and textures. 

{David Jiminez}
 A great tablescape for the classy gentleman. 
I wonder if my husband would notice if I did this to his stuff...

{via Decorista}
 I don't think that amazing chandelier falls into that masculine category, but the rest of the room does, and the chandelier really makes the room!


{via Eclectic Revisited}
I love all of the smoky, sultry colors in this room.  James Bond would fit right in.


This room borders on feminine but the bust and other larger
elements in the room give it a strong presence.

What do you think?  Do you like masculine rooms or do you need something prettier and more feminine to feel at home?

5 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Well happy Fathers day to your dad too! I have always been drawn to rooms that have a slight masculine vibe to them. Not sure why, but love the colors and lines of the rooms above, especially that Ron Marvin room. I like the mix of patterns and textures.

Anonymous said...

very nice space that any man would feel comfortable in..as well as any woman..
these rooms do seem to have a little more of a masculine feel....but all are sophisticated and understated in refinement....

maureen

Stacy CUrran said...

I like masculine rooms, too....and these are perfect. I especially like the vignette with the silver bowls. Happy father's day to your dad!
Stacy

Haus and Home said...

Oh no I did not call my Opa for Fathers Day! I love these rooms and I consider myself feminine but I wouldn't mind some of these for myself. I love the last picture with the great bookshelves.

AnaMaria said...

These are stunning, in a masculine way of course. Muy guapo (handsome).

anamaria

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...