Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ciao Bella!

We are back from Tuscany and, as you can imagine, it did not disappoint!  A thousand thanks to Maureen for doing such an AMAZING job of guest posting for me the whole week...wow.  I knew I couldn't go wrong asking Maureen to help me out; nonetheless, I was blown away by the images and themes she selected!  I can tell that you all liked her choices too so I was so happy to see all of the happy comments upon my return.

Maureen, I know that you want to get Italy sometime soon,
so until that time here is a Tuscan sunset for you.  :) 
Thank you so much!!!


I'm still gathering my thoughts a bit from the trip, but for now here are just a few shots from the trip:

I fell in love with this stately home in Siena.
Notice all the great detailing along the roofline.

I snapped this shot at twilight on our first night there...ahhhh.


This was the view from our terrace, beyond the pool and olive groves. 
We enjoyed three meals a day al fresco on that terrace and watched a full moon rise over this hillside each evening.

I am starting to getting into photographing beautiful old letter boxes. 
This might be the start of a new trend...  :) 

More tomorrow!  Ciao!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Barbara,
so glad you had a wonderful time in Italy...yes, I do plan on going there soon but am sending my son there yet this year...but all your pictures evoke the feeling of being there..they are so lovely...looking forward to seeing you trip in each of your subsequent posts...
it was a pleasure guest posting for you, too...once I got past that first post and realized I wasn't going to mess up or delete your blog, then I was ok.... :)

best,

maureen

under spanish moss said...

Glad you had a great trip. Putting Italy on our must visit list. Such beauty!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Gorgeous photographs. I know that you had a great trip.
Can't wait to see more.
Teresa
xoxo

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Glad you had a great trip. Can't wait to hear all about it. I know you have lots more great pics. I'd love an old letter box like that. You've just given me something else to look for. Mona

Stacy CUrran said...

I love the idea of a collection of old mailbox shots. That would be so cool!
Stacy

Sarah said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

~Sarah
DearSarah

Karena said...

Barbara your first image is breathtaking!! I look forwared to seeing even more!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Be sure to enter my exciting Giveaway from the Artisans at Novica!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...