Sunday, April 17, 2011

Feathers: Yes or No?

I have long had a crush on peacock feathers in home decor.  I know it's a bit strange.  I'm not sure if it started with seeing peacocks roaming around wild in Malaysia, or with a really stunning arrangement I still remember vividly from many years ago.  I also love pheasant feathers, but not in the hunting and  "Casual Country" kind of a way - the more upscale, understated elegance kind of way...  Nevertheless, I have wanted to use some feathers in my decor eventually. I think you need a pretty stylish home to pull of this move however, so I have been holding out for the right time! 

So all of that got me wondering:  Was I the only one to notice (or care) that feathers appeared not once, but twice, in TradHome?  Take a look:

{Ron Marvin via TradHome}
Up close...
{Ron Marvin via TradHome}




{Robert Passal via TradHome}

{Robert Passal via TradHome}

On to more "strange" ideas with feathers, I think a pillow or two in this fabric would be so fun to work with...or if you really went crazy, maybe on some dining room chairs around a round brass table or a cool DIY accent chair or a footstool, or...sigh.  I love this fabric.  I think you get the idea.  :)
{IMAN Fabrics}
 And take a look at these wedding ideas - pretty fresh:

{Tastefully Entertaining}

This is of course more fitting for a Fall table, but could also be paired with greens or oranges to look more Spring-like and would still be great, I think...



What do you think?  Yes or No?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really warm up to the pheasant feathers...Ralph Lauren had a dish/place setting that featured pheasant and it was stunning...
and I so want peacock blue velvet for my sofa that I'm having reupholstered...
such gorgeous colors...
maureen

Mona Thompson said...

I love pheasant feathers particularly with holiday decor. I'm just not a big fan of peacock feathers.Sorry!

Victoria said...

Feathers are my favorite obsession this spring- just gorgeous in these muted colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...